Friday, January 21, 2011

My Secial K Challenge Attempt

I call this an attempt because I didn't quite make the full two weeks. While some of the special k items are rather tasty, it gets boring fast. I'm not a big fan of cereal, so I went from never eating cereal to eating cereal and cereal bars every day.

Another problem I had is the protein shakes made me sick. Since I have issues with dairy and liquid dairy is the worse, I only drank two before I decided not to bother with them anymore.

During the first week I did lose about 2lbs. But going off the program early at the end might have hindered the chance for any more. It's good that the program isn't much longer than a week but really, I wasn't able to do much more than one.

It's a good, short term attempt and a way to jolt the bad eating habits but not something to do for a long time. It can be successful but remember, doing this challenge and then going back to the old eating habits isn't going to help because even if you lose 6lbs in the two weeks, it is easy to gain them back without making a change to healthy eating.

0 comments: